Old February 20th 07, 06:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Which is easier: Boeing to Airbus, or Airbus to Boeing?

Capt.Doug writes:

While the A-320 does more for the pilot than the B-737, don't interpret that
to mean that the pilot isn't allowed to fly it. Airbus philosophy isn't to
exclude the pilot but to keep the lowest common denominator of pilot in the
loop. Click-click, click-click, and I have all the control I need just as in
other jets I have flown. Punch 3 more buttons and I can do aerobatics. We
have options.

Is there an operating mode in the A320 that will give you unconditional direct
control of the throttles no matter what the aircraft's configuration or
condition, as if they were mechanically linked?