Old July 28th 15, 02:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

Default Gear handle design

On Monday, July 27, 2015 at 1:21:12 PM UTC-7, JS wrote:
Bumper, you're making the mod available? Nice.
The ASH26 has the heaviest-feeling landing gear of any single seat glider I've flown. For many pilots, locking the gear in UP position is awkward. This mod looks similar to the handle Rex put in 26012 for me. The ease of use compared to the original was great.
While visiting the factory a while ago, noticed that even Martin Heide's personal ASH26E had a modified gear handle.
Jim

Agreed, Schleicher may build their main gear hell for stout, but as delivered, not the easiest to operate unless more buff and younger than me (g).

Yes, I made a batch of eight which I priced at $160 (includes shipping). I have two left.

I don't have CNC machines and (like pretty much everything else I do) it took twice as long to make them than expected. After first batch is gone I'll re-evaluate pricing (I really don't want to work hard for a living anymore . . . but do like sharing stuff, which unfortunately is incongruous with my mostly enjoying making the "first one" of something.

Dan,

No, I didn't know about LS's gear handle. The Bumper Gear Handle was independently inspired by my woefully inadequate upper body strength - - I guess (g).

bumper