Old November 25th 04, 03:32 PM
john smith

Cannot go wrong with an RST Engineering/Jim Weir 443(?) panel mount
intercom. I have had the 442(?) portable model since 1982.

John Huebbe wrote:
I am in the process of building a Sonex--all metal airplane--and I am
wanting to install a panel mount COM radio and intercom with
push-to-talk using headsets for both passenger and pilot. No external
speaker. The plane I am flying right now is a single place, with no
electrical system-so I don't have a radio in it.

My question is:
What do you think is the best/cheapest--yet still realiable radio and
intercom system to use?? I am just looking for COM no NAV, as I just
use a hand-held GPS I got at K-Mart---works great!! I have looked at
some radios online and boy, what prices for what I consider a
glorified CB radio. There must be something out there, I hope. I
will have an electrical system on this plane--12 volt.

Thanks for any help you can give me.