Old November 26th 04, 03:13 AM
John Huebbe

Who makes the GPS? Please describe it and the name and number on it.

I know someone who put a Micro-Air in his Champ and he likes it. It's made
in Australia.

I bought this GPS unit several years ago at K-Mart. I have been using
it for a long time now in two different airplanes that I have built.
I just made a simple mount for it that I can remove the GPS when I am
not using it. It is velcroed in place in the mount. It has
everything I need. I guess it just shows the basics ie; speed, eta,
distance, has an arrow pointing me in the right direction etc.. It is
a Garmin 12, handheld. Cost me $100.00. I had to reload some new
software to it a couple of years ago when it could not locate itself
anymore. Anyhow, it is not fancy but it keeps me from reading water
towers.
Also, someone locally mentioned to me about using a VALCOM Com radio.
Anybody heard or used this?
Thanks