Old December 19th 06, 04:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
BT

Default After an annual?

- Log Books are in order, every thing signed off, transponder checks signed
off if needed.
- A very through preflight, touch everything, is the seat loose in the
tracks? I once had a back seat come loose, it was not reinstalled properly.
- Check all inspectin panels, internal and external, touch everything
- Under the cowl, check all spark plugs and leads, fan belt, alternator
wires
- Check oil filter is secured (safety wire), oil filler cap and oil level
- Check all fuel drains, make sure tanks are filled to the level you want.
- Tires should have been removed to grease the bearings, check for proper
tightness and cotter pins.
- Engine runup, Static RPM check (do you know how to do a static check and
what your numbers are?)
- Ground VOR Check?
- Taxi back, shut it down and do another full preflight, this time checking
for every thing and any thing that leaks.
- Only fly it back in DAY VFR conditions and SOLO.

BT

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message
When you pick up your plane after an annual, is there any special things
you do? I'm picking up the club's Lance after its annual today, and
flying it back from Batavia NY to Rochester NY (about a 25 minute flight).
Do you do any special pre-flight or flight check? I was planning to climb
up over the airport to about 4,000 feet so that I'll have some glide
cushion if something goes wrong.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
There are mushrooms that can survive weeks, months without air or food.