Old October 27th 03, 05:26 PM
Michael Burton

Default FS: Papco #600 Flaring Tool

Hi,
I usually post in rec.woodworking and I hope this isn't a violation
of your rules here. This will be the only time I post this to your group
.. I have a real nice flaring tool one of ya'll might be interested in.
It is a Papco #600 -- Roto-Master Flaring Tool. I have had it for a long
time thinking I would eventually use it when I finally got started on my
own homebuilt, but I think it is going to be awhile before I can do that
:-(. So I have decided to sell this tool.
It is in like new condition & is originally from the old WWII B-29
Bomber base in Pyote Texas named "Rattlesnake Field". This tool is
designed to be clamped in a vise, in order to secure it while the
operator uses the handscrews n the tool to produce the flares. It still
has cosmoline (Visible in the photos) on it for rust protection. I have
tried it out to see if it works and it produces fantastic double and
single flares.
This tool is designed to "Double-Lap" flare mild aluminum and
copper tubing or to "Single Lap" flare all grades of Aircraft tubing
including Stainless Steel. The tubing die sizes are 1/8", 3/16", 1/4",
5/16", 3/8", 1/2", 5/8", & 3/4". It weighs approximately 10 pounds and
is of very sturdy construction and comes with its own purpose built
storage box. There are a few small cosmetic defects but they do not
affect the operation of the tool in any way.

I have more info on my website if anyone is interested.
http://www.tbird-hardwoods.com/papco.htm

Thanks a bunch, and sorry for the intrusion.

--
Michael Burton
Thunderbird Hardwoods

mhburton at moment dot net