Old February 10th 04, 12:39 PM
Jay Masino

In rec.aviation.owning Jim Weir wrote:
Hey, gang...
Well, the Avionics BBS over on Yahoo was a spectacular failure. We had five
posts in six months and we just let the board go away. There was a problem,
though, that even as the administrator I found getting TO the board to be a
royal pain in the tush.

I thought that the avionics yahoo group was a great idea, but I think that
the nature of that type of group would be bursty. I'd think you'd get
bursts of posts, followed by long durations of inactivity. But that's no
big deal. In addition, I've learned that you can't predict what yahoo
group is gonna be popular. One group I'm in, for College Park Airport, is
fairly active and has been a great asset for dealing with all the ADIZ/FRZ
stuff around DC. Another one (that I setup) for Freeway airport (near DC)
was a complete flop. I "force" signed up abou 70 people (from another
list of e-mail addresses), and I still couldn't get them to start using it
to discuss issues at the airport.

What was the problem getting to the list? Once you have a yahoo ID, all
you do is save the URL to the group, and sign in once you get there.
It's no big deal. Or you can use it like a listserv. It's not rocket
science, and I'd expect more from a fellow engineer

How about it? Any interest in an avionics bbs sponsored by and on
www.rstengineering.com ? If I get ten "yep"s I'll go to the work of setting it
up and uploading the software.

All you'd have to do is put a link to the Yahoo group on your web page. In
addition, you could put a small paragraph, explaining how to get a yahoo
ID, or how to use it as an e-mail listserv.

--- Jay

--
__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___

Checkout http://www.oc-adolfos.com/
for the best Italian food in Ocean City, MD and...
Checkout http://www.brolow.com/ for authentic Blues music on Delmarva