Old May 10th 10, 09:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
VOR-DME[_3_]

Default Sure is easy to read this newsgroup!

I agree, and if truth be told I have always given him deference for the
things he _does_ know, though he probably doesn't recognize this.

In fact, I'll do it again - I think he is right concerning the limitations
of the "Light Sport" rating. The main reason a majority of pilots quit
after their initial rating is that they lack the means (financial, time,
psychological) to go further. Yet there is a huge difference between 1000h
and 1h, a thousand times. Both have the same cost, but the benefits are
completely different.

It is funny though to see MX characterise all his imagined adversaries as
"testosterone soaked males" when he doesn't understand which amongst us are
really women.

In article
,
says...

The truth is, MX's 'questions' sometimes provoke interesting
discussions and some of the posts offer insights that are useful to
those of us who actually commit aviation. I'm a fairly high time pilot
and in the past adopted a couple of things mentioned he they had
not come from MX's keyboard but may have, in a case or two, were part
of a thread he started. "Like what?" Well on long XCs at night, I go
on oxygen at 10,000 feet -- earlier I left the O2 tank untapped until
a good deal higher. I am more apt to fly clearing turns going into
uncontrolled airports, and being in a Mooney tend to fly my entry legs
at pattern altitude from 3 miles out, downwinds and bases a bit lower
and a bit faster, it's easier to see and avoid slower and/or high wing
traffic that way.

Of course his naivety for real world aviation issues is often good for
a chuckle. Have you ever talked with a person with ten year's
experience, and discovered he had one year of experience ten times? MX
believes literacy in sim derived aviation talk means expertise. We
think otherwise, a gulf that will not be bridged. It is entertaining
though an image shaking on a screen prepares a pilot for turbulence?
Vertigo at a desk?

Read what you will, sometimes there's a nugget among the crap posts.