Old December 25th 03, 03:49 PM
Ogden Johnson III

"Tex Houston" wrote:

"Ogden Johnson III" wrote in message

Does anyone know the present status of that XF2? [The page shows last
edit in May of 2003.] If restoration is complete, could it have been
moved to the new NASM's Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center located at
Washington Dulles International Airport? Last location shown on the
Smithsonian pages is G22 at the Garber Facility. [From
http://www.nasm.si.edu/collections/air_space.cfm et seq]

I checked the UHC list at:

http://www.nasm.si.edu/museum/udvarh...ifacts_air.cfm

and they have no Convair aircraft listed. May very well still be in
storage.

First nice weekend this spring, before the tourae hordes hit us, I'm
going to spend a couple of days to see first hand what is or isn't on
display at the new UH Center. ;-

[Thanking my lucky stars that Denver didn't get it.]
--
OJ III
[Email sent to Yahoo addy is burned before reading.