Old June 27th 04, 04:01 PM
Ian Johnston

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 00:54:36 UTC, "Vaughn"
wrote:

: Suppose for just a moment that you manage to enter your downwind leg
: without noticing that there has been a 180-degree wind shift since your launch.

I confess. I have been there and done that. Those sea breeze fronts
can come through damn fast. And I did check the windsock, but only to
register the orientation of the wee orange triangle relative to the
runway. Realising that the ground was passing roughly 25 kt faster
than I expected at round out was a character building moment.

Ian