Old August 9th 04, 08:43 AM
Jean

Default Becker 4201 multiple failures

I had a similqar problem after the battery leaked ... After numerous fixes
it was still not working. I finally solved the problem by replacing the mike
!
Jean
"Bruce" a écrit dans le message de
om...
Can anyone recommend a repair facilities for a Becker AR4201
transceiver other than Becker Avionics in Mirimar FL? I don't trust
the places listed on the Becker Web Site because I tried Spirit
Avionics in Ohio, and they we're even allowed to open the unit.

I have a three year old Becker 4201 that failed Dec'03, and again July
'04. The Dec'03 repair took three (3) months, and they only
re-flashed the software (cost=$280). Same failure and I'm getting the
same run-around, no response to emails, or voice mails. When I reach
them, Sebastian says to call "next tuesday" every week. The radio
trasmits and receives carrier wave only, no voice. ie, just a 'click'
heard both ways. The glider wiring is supperb, so I'm lost as to the
cause of the multi failures.

Help is greatly appreciated,
Bruce