Old March 14th 19, 09:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default FLARM and ADS-B and PCAS Traffic Display on PC

Hi,

The posts recommending the use of OGN are very interesting. The customer I'm working with is not interested in having the aircraft positions available over the internet, but our soaring club is.

Getting our club members to invest in PowerFLARM units or ADS-B Out has been tough. The OGN Trackers look like a nice, low-cost alternative. However, since they are transmitters, wouldn't a radio license be required? Also, wouldn't F.C.C. approval be needed for any devices?

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
On Monday, March 11, 2019 at 3:41:51 PM UTC-5, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi,

A customer has a PowerFLARM Core and wants to use it to display nearby FLARM, ADS-B and PCAS traffic on a PC - on the ground. It is easy to connect the PowerFLARM Core to the PC's serial port, but I'm not aware of any software to display the traffic on a map. Any suggestions? Are any soaring clubs doing this?

The customer is currently using an Oudie 2. It works fine, but he'd prefer a much larger and higher-resolution monitor.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.