Old October 20th 03, 09:11 PM
J Kelley

"Anonymous" wrote in message

Quilljar wrote in message ...
Ohmelads wrote:
Is it possible to start a simulation without the engines running? Is
there something you can click in the settings to get this to happen?

Of course. Set up the aircraft you want with engine off, and every switch
and so on how you want it. Set the view you require and the weather at

the
part of your chosen airport whereyou wish to start.

Then save the flight and make it your default. Voila!

Well, yeah; that's one way of doing it.

Well, yeah; that's the best way of doing it.

Doesn't seem to make much sense, though - this would mean that every time
he wants to start a flight from a cold, dark aircraft, he has to go

through
all that.

Makes perfect sense to me. If, as suggested, he sets the saved flight to
his default, he has a cold, dark aircraft on start up. I'm willing to wager
that was what Quilljar meant when he wrote "Voila!" I second the "Voila!"

I think there should be a switch in FS that allows you to do this (next
version, please MS?)

I'm also willing to wager that all PC systems used for flight simulation
include a peripheral set of switches well suited for saving flights and
selecting saved flights. I'm confident that yours is so equipped, along
with a "mouse" or some other pointing/selecting device that can also be used
for such tasks.

But there's a gauge you can download that you install into the panel of
any given aircraft, and whenever you use it, you start up cold & dark.

I admit, that could come in handy.

I can't remember the name of it offhand,

Well, dang!

but it's on

http://library.avsim.net

Hope this helps

Cheers
Graeme

Thanks, Graeme. It probably will help those who are willing to spend the
time to search the avsim library, especially if they also have the time and
means to deal with unforeseen conflicts. Of course, the "guage" is probably
harmless. Still, although I like good upgrades and add-ons, I prefer to
avoid tinkering for small and questionable gains, especially when the stock
product provides a suitable means for obtaining the desired result.

Kalijaa