Old January 20th 05, 01:01 AM
Ogden Johnson III

vincent p. norris wrote:

....... wanted to mention that on a visit a few years ago, was dismayed to find that the
San Carlos hotel was gone. Lots of memories there.

It was a great disapointment to me, too! I went through Pensacola
before the Trader's opened, so the San Carlos was our hangout. It was
a very lovely place.

The San Carlos played a prominent role in a continuing subplot of
several of W.E.B. Griffin's books in his "The Corps" series. He
announced its closing and then its conversion into a parking lot
in footnotes at appropriate points in two of the books. Never
been to Pensacola, but damned if he didn't make the San Carlos
seem real for me.
--
OJ III