Old December 19th 04, 01:42 PM
Stefan

Do what I did. Knowing that some of my flying would be onto and off
topdressing airstrips I found instructors who had been topdressing
pilots and learnt from them.

Depending on how steep the slope is, you must approach with overspeed to
have enough energy to properly flare uphill. It's very good advice to
train this with somebody who has experience.

landing uphill is not only a good idea it is also the safest

Landing uphill is the only way to go. I once landed downhill at an
unknown airstrip, because at that side, the approach was clear of
obstacles, while at the other side it was not, and I, being very low
time then, was afraid to take the approach over trees and between
electric lines.

It was a perfect landing in the sense that the plane remained undamaged
and I'm still alive. But I'm still shivering when I think back.

Stefan