Old March 3rd 04, 05:21 PM
Joe Osman

"Guy Alcala" wrote in message
. ..
Kevin Brooks wrote:

"Ron" wrote in message
Be careful Kevin, dont want to have to call you Kurt Plummer

OK, I give...what/who is a Kurt Plummer? It's late here, and I am

scratching
my head...

Brooks

Its kind of a joke now that he does not seem to post here anymore, but

his
postings seemed to be composed almost entirely of acronyms.

Those who have been here for a while will know who i am talking about.

thought
of him.

Gee, thanks Ron, you really know how to stroke a guy's ego... :-)

Messeur
Plummer apparently abdicated about the time I started participating in

the
group (nad no, damnit, that should *not* infer that I am him, or he is
me...).

I *usually* try to include the full nomenclature for any acronyms that

might
be unintelligible to the general, but militarily knowledgable, reader. I
think most folks here know what GMLRS and ATACMS are. That said, I

reread
that passage after I wrote it--it was not the acronyms that bothered me

so
much as the rather tortuous logic chain I was trying to contstruct. Not

one
of my better efforts, I'd agree. Mea culpa.

Kevin, it wasn't a problem, and the logic chain and acronynm use was fine.

Lots
of acronyms was just part of what made KP's posts so special. Here's a

tutorial
I once wrote, explaining how to read Kurt's posts:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...41.8414A898%40
postoffice.pacbell.net&prev=/groups%3Fsafe%3Dimages%26ie%3DISO-8859-1%26as_u
group%3Drec.aviation.military%26as_usubject%3DPlum mer-English%2520dictionary
%26as_drrb%3Db%26as_mind%3D12%26as_minm%3D5%26as_m iny%3D2001%26as_maxd%3D29%
26as_maxm%3D2%26as_maxy%3D2004%26lr%3D%26num%3D100 %26hl%3Den

Guy

I think you could also be the winner of the longest URL ever posted award.
It's certainly the longest I've ever seen. But unlike most of the others,
clicking on it did work.

Joe