Old March 6th 04, 05:59 PM
Otto Braasch

Tony wrote:
I use the Garmin mount that came with my 196.
It installed easily, it takes 5 seconds to dock or undock the GPS and it
doesn't vibrate. Not even worth thinking about 3rd party stuff when this
one does a great job & is included in the price of the GPS

Tony, I bought and installed the RAM mount, which offers maximum flexibility
for positioning the 196 at the yoke. I had to do quite some tweaking to avoid
shielding of instruments behind the 196 at the panel - the RAM mount enabled
me to achieve it much better than I could manage with the Garmin mount. I
have flown about 15 hours with it now and am quite happy with the installation.
Again, thanks for your comment.

Otto (EDML)