Old June 16th 05, 10:46 PM
Dick

Default bendix carb question

My old C-85 has a Bendix Stromberg NA-S3A1, which is leaking for a time
after shutdown.

Previous owner of the plane had tied off the mixture control so shutdown is
by reduced throttle and magnetos turned off.
Casual conversations are leaning towards a needle seat or float level
problem. Any other possibilities?

Not knowing how the mixture control works inside the carb body and not
finding any carb parts breakdown pictures or float setting information
around in the chapter library today and having carb accessable with the
cowling off, can I just remove the airbox and then what appears to be the
float bowl for some kind of inspection??

I did see that A.S.S. has an overhaul manual and some pretty pricey needles
but am hoping to get back into the air sooner. Can anyone
help? Float setting procedure and needle inspection.

Thanks, Dick