Old May 18th 04, 03:20 AM
Dan Luke

"Nicholas Kliewer" wrote:
One FSS person suggested that I file McKinney (TKI)
direct to a 5 mile on a 360 radial from the airport
(which has no VOR) and then back to TKI -- putting
"multiple approaches" in the comments section.

Well, that's one way to do it. If there's no VOR or NDB within a few
miles, look on the low altitude chart and pick any nearby intersection
to put in the flightplan. You never really have to go there, it's just
so you'll have a route to fly in case you lose comm. Do put "multiple
approaches" in the comments section.

At my class D airport the tower controller will ask which approaches I
want and pass them on to the TRACON controller, who will sometimes
actually remember them.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM