Old June 8th 08, 10:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
More_Flaps

Default Mechanics of Elevator Trim. In Detail.

On Jun 9, 7:29*am, "Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk At Wow Way
D0t C0m wrote:
"Le Chaud Lapin" wrote in ...
On Jun 8, 11:07 am, "Robert M. Gary" wrote:

On Jun 7, 10:08 pm, Le Chaud Lapin wrote:

What exactly happens when the trim is adjusted to point the nose
upward?

What type of plane is this for? I have a Mooney and also fly a 182.
Both trim system are very, very different.

For sake of those of us who only own MSFS, let's say a C172.

Does MSFS emulate the servo tab on the elevator? What does it do when you
change the trim in the air?

Trying to emulate real life trim on a simulation system that uses spring
centered control sticks isn't going to work like real life as you may
already know.

Should I post the spoiler on how a couple other mechanisims work (besides
servo tabs)?

I'll raise you one to make three additional trim systems. Any more?

Cheers