Old February 27th 04, 05:11 AM
Brian Colwell

"Ed Majden" wrote in message
news:LIx%b.606014$JQ1.199497@pd7tw1no...

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
If you didn't fight in WW II do you feel as though your had missed

something?
Do you feel that given your druthers you'd rather have been there than

not? Any
regrets at having missed it? Anyone?

Glamorizing war is for recruiting posters and the Hollywood movie
industry. I was born in 1939 so that's why the war may have started. I
guess the Yank war didn't start until 1941. Too young for Korea also but I
spent nearly 28 years in the RCAF/CAF with Norad and NATO squadrons as a
tech. Do I miss going to war? Hell NO! Only the innocent get killed and
crippled where the people responsible for the wars in most cases sit back
and make money from it. WWII was a war that had to be fought and won
however! Many of my relatives and friends were in the thick of it. Sadly
there are fewer of them left as time marches on.
Ed

As they say, Old men start wars and young men fight them !!

BMC