Old November 1st 04, 02:10 AM
Thomas F. Dixon

I also live in Idaho and had a different examiner than Wayne. I did
my commercial and CFIG check at the Nampa, ID airport, 2,500 asl and
about 4,700' long runway at that time. I did it in a Blanik L13 too.
I had been forewarned and had practiced this with my instructor and
other mentor pilots even before seeing it in the PPG. I was told to
get it stopped in the first third of the runway. I started it on
downwind and was only a few feet above the ground when I crossed the
beginning of the runway. I did not find it too difficult and in fact
the vis. from the back seat was better in a slip. The big head of the
examiner was out of the way.
Tom
Idaho

"Wayne Paul" wrote in message ...
I took my practical flight test in an L-13 Blanik and was required to land
without the use of spoilers.

When I checked the spoilers on the down wind, the examiner informed me that
they were frozen shut. He also picked a spot on the field where he wanted
me to land. I started my slip prior to turning base and continued it on
final making adjustments as necessary to land on the designated spot.

Driggs, Idaho was the location of the examination. The field is a 6,200
feet MSL and is 7,300 feet long. Safety wasn't a concern. The landing spot
picked by the examiner was 1,000 feet from the approach end. I didn't find
it too stressful; however, I am sure the stress level would have been much
greater on a short runway.

Wayne
http://www.soaridaho.com/

"