Old January 21st 20, 12:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tijl

Default WGC Final Report, John Good

That wouldn't circumvent manual Flarm-ID changes at any given moment within the flight (with an LX9000 connection for instance).

You can also quickly power your Flarm off an on after take-off, thereby creating a new random ID.

I am sure if the IGC asks for it, FLARM can quickly bring out a feature that triggers a ID-randomizer every 15 minutes during the flight. But that would not even be necessary in my opinion.

Also, if the punishment of having a private ground-based Flarm receiver in a team is disqualification for the whole team, and if the rules on this are 100% clear and widely known, who in their right mind would do this?