Old September 22nd 19, 03:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Kawa rough landing?

"But, back to your claim that you can't enter a spin if you fly fast enough.."

Thats your claim of what I said, that's nowhere near to what I said.

I NEVER said a ship can't be stalled when flown fast, any dingbat should know that a common stall or an asymetrical stall can be induced at ANY airspeed. When the critical angle of attack is exceeded, she stops flying. What I said is that Energy Management is a more critical factor than coordination.

Go ahead and try to stall a bird which is being flown at 1.8 to 2 times its turning stall speed at a given angle of bank, iregardless of the position of your yaw string, and you will see your gonna have to put in some serious and noticable stick force. To get an accelerated stall ( and thats what it is) in that configuration, you know your doing something with the stick.

But the guy who is stumbling along slowly, inadvertently loosing airspeed, but flying ohhhh so very "coordinated", he is an accident just waiting to happen!! All he needs is just slight back pressure on that stick and woohooo off he is gonna fall!

You better take a little more care in how you "interpret" folks comments. It would save embarisment.