Old October 20th 03, 01:20 AM
Ralph Snart

"Jessica Gallagher" wrote in message
David H wrote:

Personally, I believe they will commit to the 7E7, but it's anybody's

guess
as to where they will build it. The company's leaders seems to take

great
pleasure in bashing the Seattle area every chance they get, and if I had

bet my lunch money on it, I probably wouldn't put my chips on the

hometown,
even though that seems to make the most sense to me.

The local government figures have been attacking Boeing for years, and

squeezing
them hard for every drop and cent every time Boeing wanted to do anything.

They
certainly should not be the least bit surprised if Boeing decides it wants

to do
major manufacturing elsewhere, in more hospitable territory. It also

would not
be shocking to see the wings manufactured in Japan, where many orders may

come
from. Moving the hq out of Washington should have been a huge wake up

signal.

Yet another reason that business is leaving America - increasingly
stringent enviromental regulations, increasinly complex goverment
regulations, increasingly excessive taxes; when the business leaves, those
jobs are gone...forever.

The biggest lie in the world.. "I'm from the goverment, and I'm here to
help'.