Old October 2nd 06, 04:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Markus[_1_]

Default Best Soaring Simulator??

Hi Colin,

How did you end up paying £43? If you buy it from their website
(http://www.condorsoaring.com/) as a download it is €39.99 (about
£27/$51 at current exchange rates). Since you are in the UK you'd have
to add VAT but that should still be quite a bit less than £43.

Either way it's worth the money, the online competitions/racing is
without equal and there are servers available to race or free fly
online with others any time of the day/night :-) You can even soar/race
between 17,000+ft mountains in the Colombian Andes (Cordillera) or
anywhere in the European Alps including classic places like St.
Auban...

Markus

Colin Field wrote:
Just bought Condor...

What a fantastic simulator it really is. It simulates
anything that might interest you in gliding (I believe
there might be a self-launcher in progress), there
is a huge network of people developing new scenery,
aircraft, and millions of tasks, it is fully supported,
will run OK on any system (don't know about Mac though),
and all in all is superb.

At £43 it is quite expensive for a PC game... but then
it is a very realistic simulator that is being constantly
upgraded and improved to make the game more and more
realistic.

My laptop is ancient, but runs fine with the graphics
at rock bottom. On my brother's gaming beast it is
video-realistic.

My only concern was whether Silent Wings was any better...
But then I found out why all the screenshots are taken
from high altitude! The Silent Wings fellows certainly
deserve every penny they make from the game, but I
think Condor comes out on top.

See the painful process of me trying to decide on u.r.a.s.!

UK scenery coming soon

Colin
Don't Disregard Dangling the Dunlop!