Old July 3rd 03, 09:30 AM
AWV

Sorry I'm a bit ignorant?
What do you mean by "beware the line wrap?"
Does this device rectify between the earth centre tap and the two yellow
wires or is it only dependant on the output from the two wires coming from
the alternator?

"Jerry Wass" wrote in message
Also, a lot of the smaller farm & garden tractors, riding mowers etc have

this
type regulator, Jerry.

Rick Pellicciotti wrote:

"AWV" wrote in message
Hi,
Got a little Sonerai that runs a VW 1835cc motor with a Great Plains
alternator that runs on the Flywheel end of the crank. I had a

homemade
rectifier regulator that is giving problems. I am thinking that maybe

there
could be an off the shelf automotive type regulator/rectifier that

would
suite for this purpose? I tried talking to a number of local spares

shops
and automotive auto electricians, but no success.

The basic specs a
1. Two wires come from the alternator.
2. Voltage between the two wires vary between 25VAC and 40VAC

depending on
RPM.
3. Also Voltage between each individual wire and ground is between

12.5VAC
and 20VAC depending on RPM.

I have found the test instructions on the Great Plains web site and

all
that
tests OK.

Any ideas on what regulator/rectifier would work for this scenario?
And also how to connect it?
Regards
Andre

I am certain that one of these will do it for you:

http://mikes.automated-shops.com/cgi..._prod.html?p_p

beware the line wrap. The two yellow wires connect to your two wires

coming
from your alternator. The red wire goes to battery "+" and the black

wire
goes to battery "-". Bolt it to some metal part of the airplane for a

heat
sink. You can get these at most any snowmobile or jetski shop.