Old October 28th 19, 08:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default 2019 SSA Contest Rules Pilot Opinion Poll Now Open

Calling a MAT is the easy way out for some inexperienced CD’s, perhaps some recommendations/rules could be imposed. Outlaw calling a no turn MAT, first turn should be a minimum of say 15s/m. At least this would get everybody started in the same direction! I have flown a first turn that was only 6 miles out which was meaningless! Perhaps a limit on the number of 1 turn MAT’s that can be called in a contest. No restriction on MAT’s with 2 or more turns. The MAT was designed to call numerous turn-points, but I can’t remember flying but one of these!
Just some recommendation,
JJ