Old July 26th 03, 07:33 AM
Paul

I used to have an Open Cirrus with a removable canopy. It was Tinted blue
and looked really good. Down side was if it got hot then it was impossible
to latch onto the fuse. My solution was when it was off the glider. ( while
waiting for a tow on a contest grid) I would leave it under the wing in the
shade. Then it would fit when I needed it to. All gliders/ canopys suffer
from expansion and shrinkage with heat/ cold. Wether new or old. The trick
is to get them shut when its hot and try to stay calm when at - 15 c at
altitude you could drive a bus through the gap in the frame from the
shrinkage ;-)
By the way, why the DG/ KFW bashing Ruud?
Paul