Old December 25th 19, 06:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roy B.

Default FAI ratifies records of illegal flights.

Jan:
While I am not an expert on these rules, I note that this was an Out and Return distance record that would have used a start and finish line (to make sure that the finish altitude was within 1000m of the start). Would not the "soaring performance" have ended at the finish line crossing and not at the landing? Why is time of landing (or any rule violation) after the record performance is completed relevant to validity of the record claim?
ROY