Old August 12th 04, 10:57 PM
Bruce Hoult

In article ,
(Mark Grubb) wrote:

A few weeks ago I pair-flew with KB from Ely to Teh (me) and Cal City
(KB). KB was new to the area (and doing an excellent job, I might
add!) and was being poorly vectored by me (brain dead, 7+ hrs in
cockpit) and ultimatley expertly by Cindy into Cal City. Barry rolled
up on the ramp to Cindy holding a Wet Towel, a Bottled Water, a Soda,
and an Adult Beverage. He had never received such a welcome at an FBO
and was pleasantly stunned.

As a visiting pilot I too had a good reception from Cindy at Cal City.
I turned up unannounced one day in June and said I'd like to go fly over
Mojave (half an hour's drive away) and she was quick to oblige me in the
ASK21. Especially remarkable was the contrast with nearby Tehachapi an
hour earlier where they had a Blanik and Grob but didn't have any
instructor rated for them (2-33 only), and in any case they "didn't fly
cross country on rides".

-- Bruce