Old July 12th 07, 02:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ol Shy & Bashful

Default Norway fjords flying

On Jul 11, 5:26 pm, wrote:
Anyone ever flown in Norway? I love the idea of taking a short trip
(perhaps an afternoon or a couple of days) to fly over the fjords and
see some great views.

If anyone has any suggestions as to the best way to do this, I'd
appreciate it.

In general, I know this group is fairly USA-dominated. Is there a Euro-
group I should be posting this kind of request to instead?

Thanks,

Tom

Tom
I haven't been to Norway in ten years but I suspect any flights you
make there will be more of a "charter" or "For Hire" kind of flight.
Certainly you can make up your own mind or arrangement when you chat
with the pilot of the flight. My last visit was to Stavenger on the SW
coast of Norway and I elected to take a cruise boat rather than a
flight. Either way is spectacular!
Don't expect to be able to rent an aircraft there and fly solo without
going thru some hoops for an equivilant license and that usually
proves too costly and time consuming for most. A charter flight is the
best option with the opportunity to get stick time via prior
arrangement with the PIC.
Have fun and take lots of pics. It is nearly as beautiful as our own
Glacier National Park.
Ol S&B