Old January 4th 08, 06:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

Default test

Kevin: Try www.helowerks.com for the Wasp. The designer/builder Tony Pena
used to work for the Ultrasport folks. He pranged the first model by
inadvertently shutting off the fuel at the worst time. His new bird is much
lighter and has had the skid gear analyzed for crash response by NASA. (He
broke his back in the first one due to composite landing gear that failed
miserably). Needless to say version two is orders of magnitude safer.
We could use you as a subscriber. I'll have a couple of current magazines
with me when I come down your way. The bird I will be working on is in
Fallbrook.
Stu
"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 18:57:07 -0800, "Stuart & Kathryn Fields"
wrote:

Kevin: An Army Capt called it for me the Happy Holiday insisters are
"Pole
Vaulting over mouse turds". I recently reviewed the Constitution of the
US
and found that our Congress has usurped a bunch of power not specifically
granted via the Constitution and I don't hear as much about that as I do
about the Merry Christmas vs Happy Holidays. It seems like the protection
we had provided by the Constitution has been and continues to be eroded at
frightening pace and people are worried about Merry Christmas!!!

Yep. My wife hates the fact that I talkback to the TV when I see/hear
stupid s**t like that. She hates when I get into "discussions" about
it with others who think that ignoring it all and hoping it goes away
is a good thing.

I'm reminded of some guys at a fly-in that owned some helicopters whose
tail
rotors turn the wrong direction. When I posed the question, I got funny
looks and the conversation swung to the material used in the upholstery!!
guess we are only willing to face problems we can handle easily.

hehe, we run into that crap at work all the time. Yesterday, we're in
a staff meeting discussing a current project and how the owner's son
has been dropping the ball on his part for weeks and all of a sudden,
we're talking about puppies. WTF???

BTW the Wasp two seat turbine powered ship is nearing flight stage (I'm
promised a chance to fly the bugger) should be in the air by Sun'n Fun.
Also there is a C18 engined Exec undergoing flight testing in Ok that I'm
following. I saw it hover and saw the installation. I could be talked
into
switching.

I don't fit in an Exec. I'm too long in the torso and my head hits
the ceiling. Also, the seating KILLS my back.. Something "odd" about
the seating position in that thing. Haven't heard of a 2 place Wasp..
Got a link?

BTWsquared. We should have an excellent article on helicopter strakes in
our March issue written by a guy who was instrumental in developing the
strakes

I should really subscribe.. I keep popping on to the web site to
check out the online stuff and find it pretty interesting.
.
BTW cubed I may be in your area some time this month doing a blade
checkout
on a Safari ship.

Cool. Let me know where/when.. I'd love to buy you a beer and check
out the Safari.

I would have sent this direct to you but it seems that there are only a
couple of us using this NG.

Yep. The web forums are slowly killing usenet...