Old September 14th 04, 10:29 PM
Marty Ross

Thanks to everybody who has chimed in on this so far - it's been interesting
and educational!

"Marty Ross" wrote in message
k.net...
I'm considering joining a flying club this week. This one's the closest
club to where I live, the members, the planes, and the online scheduling
system seem to be great, and I think I'm ready to make the commitment

(e.g.,
buy a share in the fleet).

Since I've never joined a club before (have always rented from the FBO

where
I trained), I wanted to solicit tips or important questions to ask before
paying the application fee (e.g. based on hindsight of those now in

clubs)??

Thanks for any/all useful advice!

Also, links to "backgrounder" articles about flying clubs, their typical
organizational and accounting structure or the like will also be
appreciated...