Old May 3rd 14, 10:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Koerner

Default Good 15 m Cobra trailer needed urgent

Dear RAS friends,

My nice Cobra trailer just got whacked on the freeway. I'm trying to sort out what my options are. I think the trailer has enough damage that it wouldn't be economic to repair. Moreover, May is peak season here in Arizona; so waiting for somebody to order parts from Germany and goof around with it for a few months, seems like a really bad plan.

Ideally I'd like to discover that there's a nice newish Cobra trailer that would properly fit my ASW-27 siting somewhere that's available for sale not too far away. That's a long shot for sure. I'll likely need to consider less ideal remedies.

If anyone has a line on a nice trailer, suggest using 'reply to author' as the ensuing discussion probably wouldn't be of interest to others.

Thanks in advance,
Steve Koerner

Facts for the curious:
SUV driver one or two lanes over apparently didn't notice that traffic was slowing ahead. He went into crazy fishtailing when he tried to stop and slammed into the right side of my trailer. The glider wings were both slightly damaged but not badly considering what my trailer looks like. Nobody was injured. The SUV driver was cited at the scene for unsafe lane change (definite understatement). Blipmap shows 700 FPM to 14,000 today -- damn it.