Old January 24th 09, 04:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper

Default Economy Class

wrote in message
On Jan 24, 6:59 am, "Maciek" wrote:
It was also
tried everywhere and called World Class!

And, unfortunately, it didn't work. Didn't work because of us - the
pilots.
It's because if only we get a few hundreds of hrs. so we could appear in
the
competition world, most of us want to fly gliders of more and more L/D.
"Why
should I, THE PILOT with say 500 hrs. fly a bicycle like PW-5 with 30:1 or
something? I'm to good for that, I need 50:1 at least"

Maciek K.

If the glider selected hadn't looked like a "Smart Car", maybe I'd
have bought one.

-T8

Most gliders are things of sensuous beauty. the PW5 has that in spades . . .
or at least one bull thought so :c)

bumper
zz
Quiet Vent and MKIII "high tech" yaw string (now w/long lasting synthetic
yarn or natural wool)