Old March 20th 16, 05:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

Default Scanning vrs electronics

On Friday, March 18, 2016 at 12:56:44 PM UTC-4, Waveguru wrote:
I do not have any anti collision devices in my sailplanes so I scan and scan and scan. Our airspace is complicated, so I do intend to get at least a transponder. In all my scanning, I almost never see a target in the 4 o-clock, or even 3 0-clock position as hard as I try. I don't see them until they are crossing right in front of me. The need for electronic help is definitely there, but I hesitate to get something now, not knowing what will be required in the near future.

Boggs

Get Trig T22 and PowerFlarm and you will be ready for anything.