Old July 27th 03, 02:06 AM
Boudewijn van Ingen

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 08:50:31 -0500, "Ed Medlin"
wrote:

"Poul Haig" wrote in message
. dk...
I dont know what happent to my last post, ending tekst..

My point is, Microsoft Flight simulator is not to blame for anything
other than being a good computer game, the above product is properly more
likely to be the terrorists first choice.

The hole issue/link Microsoft Flightsimulator= terrorist traning tool
is crap.

Ph.

I have been using MSFS for many years. A while back I began real flying
lessons. The main advantage I had gained from FS is that I knew what all the
gauges were, knew ATC (somewhat), and knew basic navigation. As far as
"hands-on" flying goes, I was just like any other student. Actually, flying
a SE AC to me was actually easier in real life than with MSFS IMO. The seat
of the pants feel you get in the real thing gives you a much better idea of
what the AC is doing than sitting at a desk. The terrorists did have flight
school, and knew what the control surfaces do, so once off the ground it
doesn't take a rocket scientist to point any AC to a heading and do what
they did. To say that MSFS is a terrorist tool is nuts. My letter to the
editor is sent...........

And note that apparently, the actual terrorists that were involved in
the 9-11 attacks did not even own or use MSFS. I suspect they were not
even aware of the possible advantages of "training" their mission in
it...

Just like most kids that go on a killing-spree in some highschool are
not the same people who play Quake/Unreal/Battlefield 1942/etc/etc....

In general, I believe that people that really know how to utilize
'simulators' appreciate the fact that they would actually *DIE* very
often, in the virtual world...

--
Groeten,
Boudewijn.