Old December 27th 07, 04:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.aerobatics
Todd W. Deckard

Default spins from coordinated flight

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
There is only one thing you have to know about spins. To enter one you
need 2 things to be present; stall and a yaw rate.

So to corner your answer to my question: you cannot? spin from coordinated
flight.
The airplane must be yawed during the stall break (thus the inclinometer
ball slips or skids
to one side).

My question is not to seek out practical advice in spins, or recoveries. It
is to explore two
academic debates: Can a certificated airplane depart if the ball is
precisely in the middle
and is there something telling in the emphasis from the foreign sources
cited that exposes a
gap in our US training practices and material.

Thank you for your response.

I'll be making a new years resolution to try it out in the neighboorhood
Decathalon (with an appropriate
chaperone) but as it is cold and snowy I thought I would put it to the
uunet.

Best regards,
Todd