Old October 22nd 04, 04:47 PM
Elmshoot

Except for the fact that CIA ordered US ground crew in Iran to sabotage
Phoenix related gear in Tomcats' radars as soon as the shah fell from
power.

Ya I didn't know quite how to mention that I "might" have met some one who
"might" have been involved in making sure that the Buffalo didn't work before
he left that country. I have heard from fighter guys that in close while the
motor is running that the buff can be a formibidal weapon that can make a
pretty good turn. But then they were probably looking for an excuse to use the
thing. It wasn't designed for the close in fight but only as a back up to
something better.
Sparky