Old June 20th 04, 05:51 AM
tony roberts

When is the annual due?
When I bought my plane I had the owner agree to pay for an annual at a
shop of my choosing - with the understanding that I guaranteed to buy it
unless any major unresolved concerns arose from the annual.
One item that I included was oil analysis.

Insist on oil analysis (although it won't tell you zip about the high
time airframe, it will tell you lots about the engine.

Insist that all outstanding AD's are fixed at this annual,

and have a thorough examination/report on the airframe.

I did all of those things, the owner agreed, and now I own the aircraft.
It's a buyers market - don't let anyone tell you otherwise

--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL

In article ,
" Mark Miller wrote:

I'm looking at a 1982 Turbo Arrow as a first time purchase. I'm not
new to aviation, and have sufficient time in the make/model to satisfy
the insurance company. I haven't looked at the plane in person yet,
but have had a few conversations with the owner about it.

My question is really about the airframe total time. Presently the
aircraft has 7000 hrs. on the airframe, and 1150 on the engine.

Should I steer clear of a plane with this kind of time on the
airframe? What are the concerns with an airframe as high in time as
this?

I'm also wondering if it is reasonable to ask for an engine oil
analysis among other things? I'll likely have to fly (commercial) to
look at it, so I'm curious to hear how people handle that. More than
one trip, I would guess.

Any advice would be appreciated.