Old June 22nd 04, 03:19 AM
Aaron Coolidge

Mark Miller wrote:
: My question is really about the airframe total time. Presently the
: aircraft has 7000 hrs. on the airframe, and 1150 on the engine.

: Should I steer clear of a plane with this kind of time on the
: airframe? What are the concerns with an airframe as high in time as
: this?

As others have said, the PA28 airframe should be OK at that hour figure;
mine has 6300+ hours on it, and one of the rentals at my home field
has 13,000+ hours on it.

A friend of mine has a 77 or 78 non-turbo arrow. His has 9000+ hours on it.
He has found that the main difficulties were with the main gear trunions,
which were quite worn. I believe that Piper has a service bulletin on this
typw of wear. He also had problems with the wing-walk reinforcement which is
typical for a Cherokee.
Other than that it has been a very solid airplane for him.
--
Aaron Coolidge (N9376J)