Old November 28th 03, 05:29 AM
Mark James Boyd

Andreas Maurer wrote:
What are the WC limitations?

I guess ballast limitations (no water ballast), maybe fixed gear. But
these limitations are up to discussion if a new glider was selected -

how insurance compares between the LS-4, 101D, and PW-5.

More or less identical.

But the main problem of the high price is the finish - this is where
most man-hours could be saved, still delivering as glider with a
relatively good finish that can be enhanced in a club if necessary.

Could the ballast option be easily
added later by an A&P?

In Pegase and LS-4 - definitely yes.

I think I'll try a LS-4

Don't do that. You will not want to fly a PW-5 again.

Hmmm...it seems that an LS-4 manufactured without ballast but
with retract gear might be an excellent new World Class glider.
A good polar and standard class capability adds to the appeal.
Those who wanted to could add ballast later if wanted.
I personally wouldn't be interested in a WC fixed gear
LS-4, however. Hopefully this is not a WC requirement.

Andreas, thank you very kindly for your input and
response.