Old April 11th 05, 01:17 AM
Dan Luke

"Peter R." wrote:
Gary Drescher wrote:
But I don't think we sould kid ourselves into thinking that
Angel Flight volunteering makes us especially humanitarian.

As an Angel Flight pilot, I believe I finally found *my* way to give
back
to the community. If your calling is to be knee high in mud pulling
survivors out of an earthquake-ravaged village, I have a lot of
respect for
you. But for you to tell me that spending hours away from my family
every
month and spending many hard dollars out of my pocket flying for Angel
Flight is not humanitarian, I say you are wrong.

I agree with Gary. In flying Angel Flights, I'm doing what I enjoy
most; the sacrifice is minimal. It is very heartwarming to feel the
gratitude of the pax and to know that I am helping them, but I don't kid
myself that I'm in the same humanitarian class as people who do
volunteer work in disaster areas, for example.

All that aside, I recommend that all pilots consider Angel Flight. It's
fun, rewarding, and will broaden your flying experience. Angel Flight
needs pilots!
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM