Old May 26th 07, 02:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
kontiki

Default buy or rent a 2006 182

Dan Luke wrote:

New 182s aren't too shabby, though. The one at the flight school will cruise
145+ KTAS. Put that together with the 'Lane's good useful load and excellent
short field performance and you have a pretty dandy all-around airplane.

Well for 300+ thousand dollars it ought to 145kts.

Anyway, the OP was about cost comparison, so I used apples-to-apples. If I do
buy another airplane, there are other possibilities.

My point was that for the kind of money you are talking about I could
by cruising at 165kts at the same or less fuel burn, and still have
enough money left to by a lot of Avgas.