Old August 16th 07, 02:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Pjmac35

Default Repost:Fleet Air Arm photo for Bert-Jan

"Ken Murphy" wrote in message
On 15 Aug 2007 22:45:47 GMT, "Bert-Jan" wrote:

I dont know why, but when you can think of it, the "painter" can also.
I just said it "LOOKS" coloured to me. I could be wrong.

What I think: for instance.

(snip)

Bert-Jan - If this is a manually coloured photo, please find the
"colourer", and he can come and do the painting and weathering on my
model railroad. The colours on the wooden hangars are superb,
weathering on wing roots and roundels very impressive.
Colours might be a bit over-exposed, perhaps from the scanning
process?

Ken

News==----
Newsgroups
----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =

And don't forget to take into account that if it WAS a colour original, it
would be subject to the vagaries of early emulsions and/or slide film
coatings. Plus ,as pointed out, there's the scanning process and the
variation in people's monitors....?

Regards

Pat Macguire