Old December 20th 11, 04:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Croft Brown

Default Schleicher K 13 aerobatic approval

Schliecher introduced TN4 in 1969. This changed the Type Certificate to
allow the glider to be used for Semi aerobatic flying.
On the Schliecher web site, if you go to TN/AD's then scroll down to K13
and then to TN4 it shows the TN and it is down loadable. There is also an
overview list of all TN's issued.

I started gliding 15 yrs ago and the club had and still has 2x K13's. They
are used for training in all aspects of glider flying, including
semi-aerobatic manouvers.
Great fun.
Croft
If you want the files, I can email them to you.
(If this posts twice, I apologise)

At 14:33 20 December 2011, James Rizzo Esq wrote:
We are examining the Type Certiifcate for the K13. The original indicates

aerobatics including spins "not approved".

in 1967 Schleicher issued an AD approving semi aerobatics and spins, and
printed a modified page 22 to the flight manual. Does this automatically

modify the type certificate? Is there some authority I am not aware of?
We
woud like to instruct spin entries in our machine, but are uncertain of

the

legal status.

jim Rizzo