Old May 17th 14, 11:40 PM posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.design,rec.aviation.piloting

Default How does a wet cloth really help (scientifically) to survive an airplane crash?

On Sat, 17 May 2014 18:25:21 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 5/17/2014 5:02 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article op.xf0owsc22cx0wh@ajm,
RobertMacy wrote:

My thought processes regarding safety around aircraft fire warnings kind
of stopped paying attention to information after what seemed to me to be
the completely asinine instructions of 'take off your shoes in preparation
for a crash' and 'ok, now run through molten aluminum' types of
instructions. Why are you asked to remove your shoes? What basis is that?

The basis of that is that there have been instances where shoes have
punctured the slides, especially high heels. Although I do have to
admit, that may be left over from earlier experience.

Given a choice, I'd be the last man out. And I'd be
throwing shoes out of the plane, for people to put
on. Yes, I'm that kind of guy. Next, I throw my own
shoes out. Of course, I'd have to beat the stewardess
into unconscious, they are trained like ambulance guys
to be a real pest when you aren't doing what they want.

Considering that you're further endangering their lives, I don't think
many would blame them from kicking your ass.