Old January 20th 19, 12:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Wayland

Default Soaring Videos Wanted!

There's one thing I never see enough in these marketing Videos; birds. I have gotten into thermals with bald eagles, turkey buzzards, etc. It's almost a religious experience to watch a bald eagle get out 180 degrees of your circle and watch you as we climb together... Nature is why this sport is so appealing. Watching glass dump water at high speed is fantastic, but there are more things that maybe we as pilots are not thinking that kids are looking for in another hobby. I'm sure they have no idea we thermal with birds, or are being powered by the sun. Yes, RAP is one. Green should be a big part of it, and nature should also be part of it, IMHO.

This generation thinks more about the Environment than we did growing up. We need to capitalize on that which this sport is well suited.