Old June 22nd 05, 05:30 AM
Kilo Charlie

"Eric Greenwell" wrote in message
M B wrote:

Don't the controls feel differently at 30 knots and 100 knots? That should
be a good clue as you begin the spin recovery.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State

I am a partner in a Nimbus 3D. I have not had a lot of time in it but have
flown aircraft of all kinds for 36 years including hundreds of glider and
powered aerobatic hours. In order to get the Nimbus to go beyond the green
arc it takes a very large amount of forward stick even with the trim all the
way to the forward stop.....with flaps in -2. I absolutely disagree that it
would be easy to let it get away from you and end up in a spiral with the
exception of possibly entering it from a spin. The spin enty on the other
hand is docile and easy to recover from. As has been pointed out, if one is
clueless re incipient spins then the scenario in these 2 accidents might
easily unfold. Only education, planning and practice will prevent similar
accidents.

Casey Lenox
KC
Phoenix